Great audio description makes a good film even better. The Audio Description People’s Choice Award, now in its second year, is a unique opportunity for fans to get involved by showing their support for the audio description they love the most. Winners will be announced during the ACB Audio Description Awards Gala, which will take place virtually on November 14 at 7:30 PM Eastern.
The selection process for the Audio Description People’s Choice Award takes place in two phases. First, ACB will accept nominations in two categories, film and series, from June 6 through June 26. Second, the top titles in each category will compete for the grand prize during a two-week voting period from July 25–August 8.
Your Selection Must Be A Current Film and Series
- Films and series released between January 2022 and June 2023 are eligible. Content released in movie theaters and/or on broadcast television, cable, streaming services, and DVDs are all eligible. Episodic series that began running before 2022 can be nominated as long as new episodes have been released since January 2022.
Your Selection Must Feature Outstanding Audio Description
Before submitting a nomination, consider these three points when evaluating the quality of audio description for your selection:
- The writing – clear, concise, and vivid word choices that describe crucial visual elements without offering opinions or interpretations
- The voicing – narration that enhances the experience by using a tone and energy level appropriate to the action
- The sound – a smooth balance of dialogue, background noise, musical soundtrack, and audio description
You May Only Nominate One Film and One Series
- The nomination form allows you to select one film and one series only. The nomination form can only be submitted once.
Submit your nomination
The Audio Description People’s Choice Award nomination form can be found at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/ADAwards-Nominations2023. Please note, you may only submit the nomination form once, so come prepared to make your final selection. Be sure to come back in late July to see if your favorites made it to the final round and cast your vote! To make your nomination by phone, call (202) 596-7041.