2022 Award Winners
- Outstanding Audio Description Visionary – Larry Goldberg
- Audio Description Game Changer: Innovation – Microsoft
- Audio Description Game Changer: Inclusion – Academy of Television Arts and Sciences
- Audio Description Game Changer: Education – Described and Captioned Media Program
- Outstanding Achievement: Live Events – Paramount Global
- Outstanding Achievement: Spanish Media (USA) – Telemundo/Hearst
- Outstanding Achievement: International Media – AMI
- Audio Description People’s Choice Award – Obi-Wan Kenobi (Disney+/Lucasfilm/Audio Description by Deluxe)
The 2022 Audio Description Awards Gala was hosted by Thomas Reid, with Audio Description Voice Talent Nefertiti Matos Olivares, and featured special celebrity guests Stevie Wonder, Ewan McGregor, Nesta Cooper, Camryn Manheim, Shayla Brown, and the cast of iCarly!
Learn how the ACB Barry Award & Audio Description People’s Choice Award nominees were selected.
Doug Roland is excited to be back producing the second annual AD Awards Gala. Doug is an Oscar-nominated director for his film Feeling Through, which was made in collaboration with Helen Keller National Center and is the first film to star a DeafBlind actor. As a social impact filmmaker, Doug has collaborated with many organizations, creating screening events and speaking at conferences, institutions, and schools around the world to foster conversation about important social issues.
Joe is a media consultant and producer who specializes in bringing stories involving disability to screen while making productions accessible to cast and crew with disabilities. Joe is a Co-Executive Producer of SEE Season 3 on AppleTV+ and over three seasons helped to build the World of SEE.
He is an Associate Producer on Netflix’s All the Light We Cannot See, to be released in 2023, and served as a consultant on Marvel’s Daredevil and Netflix’s The OA. He has contributed to numerous scripts with writers from around the world, including award winning projects. In film, Joe advises on scripts, set decoration, props, and the blocking of scenes with the directors and cast. Joe has assisted in casting actors who are blind or low vision for numerous shows and networks, and worked with Jonathan Tropper to confirm the casting for SEE Seasons 2 and 3. Joe has also carried out leadership roles in multiple state government agencies and developed programs for non-profits. He completed undergraduate studies at East Carolina University and graduate studies at Florida State University.