Nominees for the Audio Description Awards Gala are selected through discussions by a panel of leaders in the audio description community. The awards committee includes consumers of audio description programming and professionals in audio description who are blind as well, with 9 of the 12 Audio Description Gala Awards Committee members being consumers of audio description. The awards are focused on honoring the achievements of media industry in promoting audio description: the producers of broadcast television, streaming services, film releases, and DVDs.
2023 Audio Description Gala Awards Committee
- Joel Snyder, Chair – Audio Description Associates, LLC; ADP Founder, MD
- Matt Ater, Vispero, FL
- Renee Arrington-Johnson, ADP Steering Committee, OH
- Kim Charlson, ADP Steering Committee co-chair, MA
- Maria Victoria Diaz, DiCapta, FL
- Tabitha Kenlon, ADP Coordinator, VA
- Tanja Milojevic, Voice Actress, MA
- Carl Richardson, ADP Steering Committee co-chair, MA
- Wendy Sapp, Bridge Multimedia, NY
- Chris Snyder, Imagination Storybooks, AZ
- Dan Spoone, ACB Interim Executive Director, FL
- Jeff Thom, ADP Steering Committee, ADP Awards Committee, CA
The 2023 Audio Description Awards Gala winners will be announced on November 14 at 7:30 PM ET. Stay up to date on information about the event on our website, www.ADAwardsGala.org.